There’s no doubt that chartering a yacht is fun – and whether you’ve rented one before or you’re considering trying it out for the first time, you’re going to have a blast. If you don’t have a boat of your own, you’ll be glad to hear that there are quite a few things that you could do to find the best yacht rental Singapore has to offer.
With plenty of reasons to hire a yacht (and even more to go yachting in Singapore), it’s well worth learning more about what it involves and how to find the best rental for your needs.
Best Yacht Rental Singapore
While often associated with luxurious lifestyles, yachting is something that a wide variety of people can enjoy. Whether you’re looking for an exciting mini-vacation or a birthday party, renting one out could offer an unforgettable experience without unbearable costs.
Singapore itself is already a fantastic location with plenty to see and do, even without the option to go on an affordable yacht trip. However, there’s something quite spectacular about being able to go out into the beautiful sea and take in the views of the city from a distance.
There’s quite a lot to love about yachting trips, with some key examples being:
- You’re free to travel wherever you want – Why not take some time to visit different islands, port towns, or even just explore the ocean on your seabound adventure?
- They’re far less expensive than you may think – You don’t need to buy a yacht in order to enjoy a little trip out to sea, and the prices of rentals are considerably low in Singapore
- Ideal for a secluded holiday – If you’re looking to get away from tourism and enjoy a more peaceful and private vacation, renting out a yacht could be perfect for you
If all this sounds enticing, there’s a good chance that you’re going to enjoy one of these types of excursions.
Renting a Luxurious Yacht in Singapore
There are different things that you should take note of when renting out a yacht in Singapore, all of which can be crucial to the experience you receive (and of course, how much you pay for it). If you’re looking to get the most out of your trip, it’s well worth taking some time to consider just a few of the following factors.
Do you know the different types of yachts?
Depending on what you want from your holiday, you may find that the ideal type of yacht for your needs will vary. If you’re uncertain of what’s on offer, it may be a wise idea to consider which kinds of yachts are available for rent and what their trips entail.
The two main types of yachts are catamaran yachts (twin-hulls) and monohull yachts (one hull). The former is often a more spacious, stable choice, while the latter is known for being easier to maneuver and is faster. There are also sailing yachts and motor yachts, both of which have their own pros and cons. For a faster vessel, those with motors are often best, whereas sailing yachts are often cheaper and quieter.
What time are you planning to go on your trip?
More often than not, the date can make a difference to the price of your trip. For example, you’ll often find that the costs are increased on public holidays, so depending on why you’re planning on renting a yacht, it might be a wise idea to think about what events are going on at your preferred time of year. Of course, you’ll often find that the prices are higher during the summer too, as there are far more potential customers, so if you’re hoping to save some cash it may be worth changing your plans (although you’ll probably still want to consider going during warmer months for the best experience).
Who is joining you on the trip?
Are you going to have a fun time with some friends or perhaps a more laid-back family excursion? It’s important to consider this, as well as what kinds of guests will be allowed on your chosen yacht. Not all rental companies allow kids or pets, and some may have limits or restrictions on how many people can be on board at any given time. The number of guests can also add to the cost, so it’s also worth keeping this in mind if you’re trying to stick to a budget.
How much is it going to cost?
Last but not least, you should be thinking about the prices. Costs can vary greatly from one rental company to another, taking into consideration factors like the type of boat, services on offer, etc. The duration of the trip, any add-ons you can buy like jet skis or floats and other factors can also add up. This is why setting a realistic budget can be essential for anyone hoping to book a trip.
Additional Tips on Yacht Rental in Singapore
All of the points mentioned above should give you a greater insight on how to choose the right yacht for your needs, but there’s still more to keep in mind. To wrap up this guide, here are some quick final tips for anyone who’s considering renting a yacht in Singapore:
- When going for a luxury yacht, you may want to find a boat that’s fully crewed, but it’s important to take a look at to how well trained the crew is before you set sail
- Pay mind to the reputation of the company, as this can give you an idea of how good their services are
- Find out what amenities are on offer (both ones that are included as standard and additional ones that can be purchased)
- Consider everything that makes up the final cost of the trip and decide for yourself if it’s worthwhile
- Take a look at some of the different companies in Singapore and compare what they have to offer to find the one that’s most suitable for your unique wants and needs